- 1 to 1-1/2 Lbs. Finely Ground Venison
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped Fine
- 1 Pkg. Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cup Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Lettuce, Salsa and Sour Cream
- In a large skillet, brown venison and onion until venison is no longer pink and the onion is tender.
- Add taco seasoning and a little water, just enough so the taco seasoning gets mixed in really well.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 min.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch glass pie pan, or whatever oven safe pan you have lying around the kitchen, and line the bottom and sides with mashed potatoes.
- Spoon meat mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown on the edges.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and let stand for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Cut into pieces and garnish with the lettuce, salsa and sour cream.