Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do stay at night during Deer Season? I am a tent man myself currently Cabelas big horn two with wood stove.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i got a 27ft trailer,its big enough for another guy and small enough to tell most people you dont have room:w00t:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a 31' Airstream at the main camp and a 12 footer I take up to the mountains or back country. I have done my share of tent camping but not anything as nice as what you have. You should post a pic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i walk all the way back to my father in laws truck, and we take the long 2.5 mile drive back to his house, and i curl up next to my wife in the bedroom upstairs. then one of the our kids usually wakes us up. so needless to say, my hunting grounds are real close to home.

·
Registered
799 Posts
i got a 27ft trailer,its big enough for another guy and small enough to tell most people you dont have room:w00t:
sounds like a 27'er is just about the right size.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
We have a nice cabin we can stay at on our lease but I usually make the drive back to the house.

I'm like buckshot in wanting to see your setup. Those tents are nice if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I sleep in my HOUSE! haha I'm fortunate enough to have my hunting ground about 5 min away. Makes it nice I tell you... In about 5-10 years, when we build, that will be reduced to about 1 min away...

·
Registered
38 Posts
like others...i want to see the tent! if i had one like that i would love staying in it... but as it stands i am like a 5 minute walk to my deerstand.....if i move really slow.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I have been fortunate to have cabins to stay in most of my hunting life. I built a log cabin in Michigan, have full use of a hunting cabin in PA and have use of a cabin in the UP of Michigan. Don't like sleeping on narrow beds/cots anymore or the ground for that matter. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the same tent for deer season that I use in the summer, I just take a couple of cheap blue tarps and cover the tent, it works real good as an insulater and heat for the heater buddy keeps my warm enough to survive and get out of bed (queen sized air mattress) got a shower stall tent with a camp toilet for the woman to use and a smaller dome tent to keep all the gear in and away from ricky raccoon, I do the real redneck camping thing, looks like a tent city and there is only two of us

·
Registered
824 Posts
Had plenty of sleeping on the ground or on cots when in the Army. My hunting ground is a 5 min walk out the back door, so it's sleeping in a nice cozy bed with a 5' 3 1/2" hot water bottle for me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went to bed real early (like 10PM or so), got up at 2AM and it took me 30 minutes to get up and 2 hours to drive. I've still been 1 hr before shooting is allowed. I did it the same way for Sunday too, but driving home for second day was more difficult (I had to stop several times along the highway and take 10-15 minutes naps). I guess I'd prefer to stay really nearby the grounds, but at the same time and hunt for the whole week. But maybe once I retire, cannot afford it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts