Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got it all together. If I wouldn't have made the camo mistake on the Nikon scope then I would be 100% happy. I went with the 1.5X5X36 Omega scope. Hopefully it shoots well. That's a Browning quick sliding camo sling.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Looks great. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Looks awesome.. If he isnt happy with it let me know.. Your other boy from TN would be thrilled!!!! lol

Looking at it in that pic most people will not notice the camo difference. If you hadnt told me I would not have caught on.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today presented a new problem, like I need more, the Omega is spitting the TC Shock waves sideways at 60 yds. The paper holes look just like the bullets laid on their side. I hope this isn't a barrel issue and that something else will shoot fine. The good part of today, the Savage 99 in 250-3000 is very accurate and didn't care if I shot 100 gr or 115 gr through it. The TC triumph and Traditions rifles all shot very good. This Omega is a problem though. The hole are all close but not a circle?????

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well got it all together. If I wouldn't have made the camo mistake on the Nikon scope then I would be 100% happy. I went with the 1.5X5X36 Omega scope. Hopefully it shoots well. That's a Browning quick sliding camo sling.
Looks like the same Nikon scope (Prostaff 2-7x32?) I have on my Optima and my camo patterns do not match either. Doesn't stop it from being one deer-killing machine tho! :ibtl:

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turner, I just have to get it shooting right! :sad: Sideways at 60 yds, not good! I really like the set up and the scope was more than adequate, very clear too. I'll be working on getting the bullets corrected. The Omega bore was a bit more open than the Triumph as the sabot/shockwave loaded easier than the Triumph, didn't shoot as well though.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
bruce you shoot traditions, thats worse than anything! I'd shoot a lowly built tc before a traditions ;)
FG, you know there's no such thing as a "lowly built" TC, those things are as good as Traditions.
A cva shooter once said, "I'll be Happier & satisfied with anything but another CVA" :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.