Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking about this at work the other day with some folks that were having a deer mounted from this past season. Our prices here are pretty much the same as years past with it varying from $250 to $450 for shoulder mount on a wood plaque.

What are you folks paying in your neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They had some pretty neat camo plague rack mounts where I go. I wanted to do something with that deer I shot when my bro-in-law shot his first deer. I will never forget doubling up with him that day and wanted something on some wall somewhere of the one I got. I will post pics of it when I get it. I think I paid $65 for it. Thats expensive but I wanted one a little different then the wood plague for that one.

That wall hanger I am paying $375 for it. But just like deputy dog I am paying for the piece of mind that I know they do good work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine was $550.00 but it was a wall pedastal with a 3/4 mount. I guess you get what you pay for . if you want a master taxidermist or a regular taxidermist , don't get me wrong some of the best mounts I've seen were by guys early in their carreers. But the proof is in the pudding as for the longevity of the mount.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Those all sound like reasonable prices to me. I was a professional taxidermist for about 20 years and have been out of the business for about 5. I was getting $325 for a head with no plaque. In general, taxidermists really don't charge very much when compared to other artists.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
a shoulder mount here in Vermont is around 350 without plaque.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I see many Extra dollars in there :shocking: for that kind of money that better be a full body, talking mount that tells the location of all his male counterparts. LOL :w00t:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts