Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Full floating a rifle with synt. stock

Some rifles need a little pressure by design on the barrel under the forearm. It dampens the harmonics and helps them group better. You can always try grouping it without a pressure point and add it back later if necessary.

Karl

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you're putting a pressure point on your barrel don't you want it at the very end of the forearm? I put a few pieces of cork under the barrel at the end of the forearm on my Mosin Nagant. My Stevens 200 has a synthetic stock and that's fully free floated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
most thin barrels need fore-end pressure at the end of the stock to shoot their best,but..... not all barrels. You will have to experiment with it to see. Being synthetic or wood makes no difference as far as free floating the barrel is concerned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i guess im leaving it. i just shot it -dead nuts 1/2 inch high(exactly where it should hit) at about 130 yards. if i can hit a dime with a 770 i would say im over acheiving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.