Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you seasoned hunters use any supplements or attractants out in your woods. I heard that Deer cane works, and i also purchased acorn rage. What have you all experienced with these products. Your insight is appreciated

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
when it was allowed i used to put deer cane and whitetail institutes minerals out the holes were torn up but we also had bears in the camp.We cant use that stuff in NY anymore its considered bait.however we can use scents i use the wildlife research products and love them they also have excellent customer service so for me thats all i will use

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have had absolutely no luck with acorn rage but did best with trophy rocks, deer cane and stump licker all three left big holes in the ground the less expensive way for trophy rock is going to the nearest farm store a buying the highest protien mineral block you can usually twice the size and half the price.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i have a recipie somewhere for homemade mineral supplements,and your right you get the supplies at a feed store for a lot less

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
About the easiest and least expensive product I know of is red trace mineral salt which farmers add to cow feed. It has minerals and molassas in it which makes it sweet and attractive to animals. It was pretty cheep and sold in 50 lb bags. Makes a great mineral lick and you just mix it with surrounding dirt. The deer will dig down as it leaches into the soil. Check your game laws before using any attractants for hunting.

·
Registered
190 Posts
About the easiest and least expensive product I know of is red trace mineral salt which farmers add to cow feed. It has minerals and molassas in it which makes it sweet and attractive to animals. It was pretty cheep and sold in 50 lb bags. Makes a great mineral lick and you just mix it with surrounding dirt. The deer will dig down as it leaches into the soil. Check your game laws before using any attractants for hunting.
good point if your not sure on the regs around your area then you wont be hunting long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts