Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right im grabbing my 10yr old nephew and we are gonna go small game hunting tomorrow.he cant shoot legally yet so i'll do the shooting but we got calls for squirrel,crow,goose,predators, ..rabbits,grouse and bobwhite all in season still.Hopefully we get some action.ill post my report later cameras in the shop i think i got and old throw away somewhere in the car

·
Registered
389 Posts
GOOD LUCK!!! How old you have to be to legally shoot there, never heard of a age limit. Just have to be accompanied by adult till 16.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in NY thats the law you got to be 12 to start hunting and you have to pass the hunter safety course.at 14 you can big game hunt.several groups are working to lower/eliminate the law.I was driving to my nephews house when i was 1 exit away smoke started pouring out of the car .Looked like a nascar when the engine goes i still had power so i got off the exit and got to her driveway.looks like a seal in the transmission went.i just had that all done i hadd it flatbedded to a different subaru shop today.im awaiting the results.i bet they find a wrench or rag inside the darn thing.somebodies head is gonna roll for this one.I took both kids hiking across the way from the house and we found tons of deer rubs the little guy 5 is at eye leval with rubs.he spotted them right away once i taught him what to look for.we played with the calls and we all called in some crows that got them excited..we're gonna build a big ground blind for bow season :ibtl:had to take the train home,it runs down the hudson river saw tons of ducks and geese:ibtl:.got home found a tick on my side.covered it with soap didnt come out pulled it out with tweezers.covered it with triple antibiotic cream.today its red and swollen with a black center.:shocking: going to the Drs tomorrow to get some antibiotics .Geeze i cant catch a break.I hope im using up all my bad luck:sadbanana:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks,turtle i appreciate the nice comments

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
transmission troubles

just heard from the mechanic.they said the other shop should have never tried to rebuild the front differential and that they parts out of the repair.the transmission is shot.needs a new one.they got to figure out how its gonna get paid for.i figure the other shop owes me a transmission and the tow fees at a minimum.anyone out there every have this problem?

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Joel I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that poop, it sure isn't good for the stress levels.
at this point you're best bet would be to contact Shop #1 and ask them if they are going to stand behind their work, explain to them you just laid out X amount of dollars to them for the initial repair and now the vehicle is down for the same repairs. Hopefully they will be understanding and want to stand behind their work, at that point they will probably want the car back at their shop. IF they flat out refuse to do anything then all you can do at that point is pay Shop # 2 for the new repairs and then bring Shop #1 to small claims court for lawsuit MAKE SURE if you have to take shop #1 to court that shop #2 will testify against shop#1 on your behalf. In court if Shop #2 confirms that shop #1 messed up you should easily win in small claims court.
MAYBE shop #2 will be understanding and compassionate and allow you to make payments until you get compensated by Shop#1 ...
Good Luck

·
Registered
130 Posts
tough break bud, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you had got a chevy in the first place. haha, you knew someone was going to say it!

hopefult you get all this bad luck out and done before deer season comes back around!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Yeah because you know on a clear and quiet night you can hear all the chevy's rusting away.... :lol: :lol:
:lol: "I dont care who ya are, that's funny stuff right there" !! LOL

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well the first shop is gonna pick up the car and the cost of all the towing and theother shops expenses.and also the repairs.At least they are going to do the right thing.now i got to keep on top of them cuz last time it took 5 weeks.As for the chevy show me an american car with 135,000 miles and no rust and i ll be shocked.once the darn repairs are done ill get another 100,000

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Well that is some good news... Lets hope they stay on top of it and get it straightened out once and for all... Good Luck

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Ok what is a subaru? Just kidding I drive Fords and Chevys and trade every couple of years. I might put 100,000 miles on one if I kept it say 10 years. I know people put a lot on miles on the imports and they seem to keep on truckin. Good luck on your repairs. The current F-150 I have has been the best truck I have ever owned. This one is just a nice riding truck, it has the 5.4 v8 with lots of power.:ibtl:

·
Registered
389 Posts
It is good news he still owes nephew a small game hunt and I'm not sure he could carry his rifle on the train.:whistling:

Glad it's getting straightened out Joel, By the way , and you too Bruce
Chevy's don't rust in the south. We don't have all salt and stuff you guys put on the roads. 1990 Chevy Silverado 127,000 miles on small block 350 and still solid as a rock.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and you only drive it to church on sundays ....right?:lol:yeah they frown on bringing shotguns on the train,they're funny like that:lol:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
It is good news he still owes nephew a small game hunt and I'm not sure he could carry his rifle on the train.:whistling:

Glad it's getting straightened out Joel, By the way , and you too Bruce
Chevy's don't rust in the south. We don't have all salt and stuff you guys put on the roads. 1990 Chevy Silverado 127,000 miles on small block 350 and still solid as a rock.
Turtle man I was only kidding,, If "the Deal" is right I'll buy any vehicle.
I drive a 2002 Jeep Liberty... I average about 11 miles per gallon,
at todays gas prices :mad: How lovely is that average? :crybaby:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yeah, I feel your pain at the pump, Bruce. Neither my truck or suburban are exactly good on long commutes, for that we're usually in the wife's Kia Optima.:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts