Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am thinking of taking up the Bow, But have noooooooooo clue what kind, a guy i know said Id never be able to pull a bow back, said im too small :( ok im 5'3 and 125 lol, maybe my name should of been TinyHunter&Huntingkid rofl:pickle:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Don't assume you're too tiny or unable to handle a bow, most mothers have developed good strength in their arms from hauling around their baby/babies
and can easily adapt to drawing a bow back.
My advice would be to go to the local shop to handle some of the bows to see what feels best in your grasp.
You'll need to be able to draw back at least a minimum of 45 lbs. before you can begin hunting whitetail deer.
your local shop can help measure your draw length for arrow selection and bow setup.
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have about brands, models, accessories or whatever..

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ya ever see shemane nugent?she hunts with a bow and does fine.you should have no trouble.find out the minimum poundage you need to legally hunt and go from there.or you can try a lower draw weight and build up.also you can do some upper body exercises to build up upper body strentgh.that guy who told you wouldnt be able to hunt is probably one of those macho jerks that shoots a bow thats way high in draw weight and brags about it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No never had pleasure in seeing shemane nugent use a bow, Iv watched Ted though.
around here the only place I know of is Cabelas :( since the bow place down the road closed :(

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
cabelas is a fine outfit too bad no local spot they tend to give better service.shemane hunts with ted they do a segment called "queen of the forest":thumbup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, ya know what they say, A Womans Place is in the wood lol

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
and don't forget little Tiffany Lakosky, she's always slamming big bucks while bow hunting with no problems at all.
BBD = Big Buck Down

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Well I am a small guy I am the same height & approx. the same weight
Not to push you to-wards one bow make or another as that would start a war here (Just kidding everyone) & as you will have about the same draw length as me look at the Reflex Bighorn has a short draw length & draw weight goes from 50 - 60 lbs I am extremely happy with mine Just bought it about a month & a half ago for $425 completely set up might want to take a look at it & good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts