Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im at happy that alot of deer are being bowhunted in these areas.want to know what you guys think,i get a couple of different bow magazines and you see these big backyard bucks.it just doesnt do it for me reading it was shot in a 2acre woodlot next to the strip mall,between houses,these deer are accustomed to humans.not saying i wouldnt do it but it wouldnt be a hard earned trophy.

R

·
0 Posts
oh don't be so fast to say that. deer city usa? the show on the outdoor channel. interesting show that deals with what more and more hunters are having to deal with. old farms turning to subdivisions. steve gruber is the host a bit of a duffus imo. anyway last week that very thing was addressed. the deer are accustomed to humans but if they step one foot out of the zones the deer know humans to occupy, the leave the country. if busted that was it for the season. these deer are very familiar with all the little green spaces where the food is where they hang out in the daylight with zero pressure. i wouldn't under estimate the deers ability to adapt and over come.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my buddy got a suburb spot about 15mins south of buffalo.they clean up but their behind houses its legal but i dont no i cant get into it.i do gladly take a doe from him from time to time.i not against it it just me.

R

·
0 Posts
so up the game take only p&y. these guys from deer city look for the monster and don't shoot just anything.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the size of the deer in the city is amazing.take my daughter to local cemetary in evening to watch the deer.have been within 5 yds of 160 to 180's amazing.when i was akid there were no deer there,now there in everybodies backyard in winter.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Growing up here in NW Ohio we never saw a deer track. Now the state park across the street is full of them. Son wanted to put out a bait pile in the side yard last two winters.:surprised:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Morgan's Point, TX -- About 60 miles north of Austin on Lake Belton. The deer problems in town have gotten real bad. The deer wander through the neighborhoods, eating flowers and gardens, with nothing that the home owners can do about the problem. Only recently, they have started bringing in game wardens to dart the deer and moving some of them out of the city.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts