Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah its not ice fishing but its going to be a cool one this evening. My fishing buddy for today will be an elderly retired GM worker that I go to church with. Its cool to have friends with boats!! As long as he makes it back in time from doing some shopping with his wife we are going to hit the lake this evening and try to catch some striper. Hopefully we pull some in the boat. I just hope I remember the camera! I need to break out some of my hunting undergarments for this one. Should be around 30 degrees this evening.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
like this

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
or this one:lol:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
have a good time.stripers make fine eating .so keep some for the table:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uh OH.... Joels got some pics so I better catch some tonight. Neat pics joel. Hope I have a few of my own.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
go get em what ya using for bait.sawbellies?ya fresh or salt?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we call them shiners.... minnows.... fresh

the striper were wearing them out about 3 weeks ago.. They have slowed down some. We did not get any this evening. It was a cold one. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
when its cold ya got to slow down the presentation.i hook my bait behind the dorsal fin then clip on of the fins down so they swim in odd circles.if your anchored another trick is to scale the ish/and drop the scales in the water it look like glitter in the water and really attracts the fish.i use that trick on lake trout all the time.Mmmmmmmmm lake trout.cant wait for spring:biggrin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
me and a buddy of mine went fishin last weekend and didnt get anything. got to the spot and relized i forgot the bait at home.:wallbash: so we went back and got the bait. and went to another spot cus people were moving in on our spot as we were leaving. so we get to our new spot and the lake level is up (very odd) which kinda messud up our area. we shot to a few different spots and got nothing. but then again were about as good of fishermen as we are hunters lol.:no:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i just ordered a buch of that new berkley gulp.got minnows,earthworms and waxies,grubs.just in case i forget the bait.ill field test it and post my review:nerd:

·
Registered
130 Posts
me and my fishin buddy are goin to lake texoma. my parents have a boat in a marina there so were going to cat fish of the dock and sleep on the boat. were leavin in a few hours ill post what we get tomorow, if anything.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sounds like fun.catfish make fine eating.ya gonna fish all night for em?you can use jugs :yes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
well we got there, set up, and fished all night. used worms and stinkbait. had a few nibbles but that was it. then it got cold (high 20s) and the wind picked up. so we decided to tie the poles to the dock and call it a night. we went up the hill and watched a movie in the yacht club. checked the poles in the even colder morning and we had several bare hooks and one channel cat about 6 inches long. its was colder than we expected and we were under dressed so we didnt hang around long.

but today i was given a 13' 8" wooden flat bottom john boat. a friend built it but he didnt put any fiberglass on the seams so the seams started to crack and leak. luck for my i can easaly sand it, glass it, and repaint it in one weekend. then all i have to do is customize it and take it to the lake! should have pics soon. the work that it needs is easy to do, but he wanted to build a new one and not mess with fixing that one. he found it was not fit for his needs anyway but it should work for me just fine!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nothing like a free boat.Its already costing you money:yes:.Well we all know the old saying"a boat aint nothing but a hole in the water you throw money in to"

·
Registered
130 Posts
trust me i know that saying well. i have 2 sailboats, my parents have 3 sailboats and a jet boat, my brother has 2 sailboats also. not to forget the countless past sailboats, jet boats, and fishing boats my parents have had over the years. lol oh yea we know that saying well! thers also the saying "nothing works on an old boat but the owner".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts