Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys replace the string on a compound bow? What about cables? Also what do you apply to the string/cables inbetween to keep them in good shape. I only use regular bowstring wax and replace the string and cables every 2 years due to a buddies recommendation. I was just curious if anyone does it different because at the end of just 2 years the string and cables still look new. I am thinking of putting it off this year.

Also, I have always used fishing reel lube on my rotating parts around the cam & what not...is there something actually made for this or am I good with the fishing reel oil?

As you can tell I got the bow out and dusted it off. It's time to start shooting!!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
2 yrs or 6000 shots is what the pros reomend.Me im like ronn when i start seeinf fuzz and the wax no longer tames it to the proshop it goes.your supposed to change the cables when ya change the strings.I noticed the rubber on the peep getting old and took that off too.wouldnt want to get smacked in the eye with that:boxing:

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just had my string & cables replaced for the first time this year.....the bow is about 10 years old. When I told the guy that at the achery shop, he freaked. I wouldn't recommend going that long tho. I just really didn't realise it was that old. I'm with Ron, if you see damage...replace em.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed the rubber on the peep getting old and took that off too.wouldnt want to get smacked in the eye with that:boxing:
Ain't that the truth...That brings back painful memories. I once lost a chance to shoot a doe because that stupid rubber strap snapped about the time I came to full draw. It didn't really hurt, but it freaked me out and the doe saw my movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts