Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all yall. I have a question I just cant figure out. How can I keep my latter stands from being stolen? I hunt in public land and there are just to many thieves around here. Locks dont work all they do is cut them (this has happened several times). So what do yall think?

·
Registered
190 Posts
i would reccomend saving your money and just getting a good comfortable climber thats what i had to do i cant use ladders where i am hunting so i went to the climbers.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
plublic land and thiefs! I have an old trac ladder stand that I can back pack in and set up quickly but still alerts all critters i'm there. I really hate stealing. Like the others have said you may be better off with a climber or a fixed stand and 3 section steps that you take in and out. That way you your stand is where you want it and thiefs will have to bearhug to get it. The aluminum sections are light and you can strap them together to carry in and out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was watching a hunting show the other day on the Outdoor Channel and their trail cam filmed a guy coming onto their property stealing their blind and also had poached the buck they were after. Then they posted his picture on the show for everyone to see.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Been robbed myself. Not only of property but had a bunch of guys trash an area they knew I was hunting a buck in. Then to boot found out later they came in at night and poached him! Saw a nice ten point in the area I am talking about I peed all over the place and walked thru where he lives a whole bunch this year. Then went and hunted private property, hope they got nothing this year!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a hang on stand stolen last year, and this year my buddy's stand got stolen. Both were on private land where we hunt. Nothing upsets me more than a thief. Like you said chains don't work, if I were you I would buy a climber.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
just makes me so mad.they should make a way to electrify the stand and you use a car remote to turn it off to use.no remote you get SHOCKED big time not enough to kill the coyotes can do that:ranting:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Use a hang-on. Get ya a couple sections of ladder sticks, seen em at walmart for around 12-15 dollars. Start your climbing pegs at the top of the 2nd or 3rd section. Always take the ladder sticks with ya when you leave. Unless the thief is a freak of nature he shouldn't be able to jump that high and hang on with 1 hand. It sucks we have to come up with ways to protect our stuff from people like this!!!

Fuzz

·
Registered
28 Posts
well it depends on how far you wanna take it...you can get chains that are to thick to cut throu with bolt cutters...and locks...bolt cutters...people of the public anyways can only get them so big...i actually welded two of my ladder sections together and stuck the first step under the ground and did a pully system to put the two sectiosn now together...than put the chain around it twice with a 4 inch wide master...again how far do you wanna take it...i only did this because i know of people who have gotten there stuff stolen too and when i hunt public land i dont wanna have a set up and i come back in a week and its gone...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts