Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what some of you do to keep your skills and equipment tuned and sharp during the deer offseason. I enjoy shooting my bow, but it does get repetive shooting into same foam block from the same distances in the back yard. I was wondering if any of you have advice how to keep yourself motivated all summer. I have hung a stand and shot from that, and worked on angle shots and that stuff. I just wanted some input on things like, competive shooting leagues (3D and target), any maintainance on any hunting equipment, what and when you do things in your hunting woods, and any other animals you hunt with your bow... I'm just looking for the little things the other bow hunters have come up with, because personally I have shot a bow for a while (13 years) and just want to hear the things that other bow hunters use in their preparation for the fall. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
get someone to take your 3d target & set it up in the woods for you to find & make a shot at works really well for different angels & more like hunting then just shooting in the back yard

·
Registered
773 Posts
3d archery shoots are the set way to off season practice by far !!! Not only do you get different targets at different yardages and angles, there also full of other archer inthosiest. Once you find one in your area talking to the people there will put you on other shoots and dates close. If you don't know were to start ask your local archery shop about it or local sportsman club. But I'd start at the archery shop

·
Registered
602 Posts
my son and i do the 3-d shoots. Once a month from now until August. Usually consists of 20 targets in the morning--- unknown yardage, then lunch, 20 more targets in the afternoon. range finders allowed in the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
get some of your hunting buddies to walk the deer targets along the deer trails next to your stand to get a more realistic shooting experience.

Im kidding!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.