Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm not at all experienced with North American game secies or the locations where I could expect to find them, but I'm keen to learn and wondered if anyone here could recommend a website where I can look up what's available where please?

Many thanks in anticipation folks, much appreciated!

Roo

G

·
There are cape buffalo in Florida. No really there are. There are a lot of exotics in the US. Texas mostly and they are doing very well and have been for years and years. they even have taken some back to their native land to rebuild the herds there. I think Black Buck is one of them. There is a wild population in New Mexico of some type of goat from Pakistan or some stan that is like the hardest tag draw in the US and you almost need to be a goat just to see one of these gaint horned things. These things are rust colored and have LONG black horns and they live in this crag cliff of a mountain out in the middle of no where. Bass Pro services may be a good place to look. they can help with the tags and such all over the world.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cape Buff in Florida? Darn, I'd like to see that - I used to live in Ft Myers and the thought of a Dagga Boy or two stalking around Miami makes me feel all warm inside!

It is curious how these things move around though - we have real problems in the UK with imported and invasive species - Muntjak Deer, Crayfish and Grey Squirrel come to mind, as do Coypu but there you go.

Thanks for the thought though - and I'll look into those goats - seen a few pictures in my recent copy of Safari on big horned sheep and goats but it's never really done much for me - maybe I need to revisit this and take another look!

Cheers folks

Roo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts