Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else find it extremely ironic that this great singer on AMERICAN IDOL last night sung a song in SPANISH!?!?! :thumbdown:

Yes, guys, I watch American Idol... GO SCOTTY MCREERY!:boxing:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone ALSO think it's ironic that a TV show the magnitude of AMERICAN IDOL would have as one of their Judges a singer who's career was very brief and who's acting career has bombed every time she made a movie?

Jennifer Lopez? Really? ............Really?

Sorry, I was on a roll last night--- my wife loves it when I get on a roll

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
HM NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not you too.. :bag:

Next TG will get on here and say he watches :wub:"some pansy girl show" :wub: or something along those lines..

We are my outdoorsman type hunters that spit baccer juice and sit on the back porch and listen to their **** dogs tree in the evenings??????

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boy BF, you sure are making a scene... could this mean that YOU TOO watch American Idol? haha

I have to admit, I don't care for steven tyler or jennifer lopez on that show. I miss that Simon guy b/c he told it like it was.

BF... here's a little bit of scotty mcreery--- my pick to win it all
Teenage HS baseball player singing COUNTRY music-- gotta love it!!!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bet you TG and huntNH love this GUY!!!!!! GFdeputy?? comon' you know you love it!! Even you brucebruce! comon' fellas.... you know the tator is right

I already know HM is tapping his foot to this one!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Tator, I'm not into CW music much, but that did sound pretty good. BF, remember I said I like axemen and swamp loggers! :yes: TG probably gets into those cd's with wolves singing at night stuff that are susposed to help relax you! :bag:

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
I like all types of music, everything from Acapela (A Cappella) to Country.
This Scotty McCreery is very talented has a great voice he will fit in the C&W genre very well.
I don't know what he has for competition but I think he's going to struggle trying to perform other music styles as the show moves forward.
It's easy to fake your way through a Country music Crowd BUT when a country singer walks onto the stage of another genre it's a whole different ballgame,
Think of it like Toby Keith on MTV, his performance would be outstanding on MTV but the crowd would know right off he was a country artist vs. someone like Kid Rock performing at a place like the Ryman Auditorium Kid rock has the ability to make it work but a down home country boy like this Scotty will struggle to perform well outside of the country Genre..

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know what he has for competition but I think he's going to struggle trying to perform other music styles as the show moves forward.
It's easy to fake your way through a Country music Crowd BUT when a country singer walks onto the stage of another genre it's a whole different ballgame,

First off, Toby Keith + Kid Rock = the worst thing to ever happen to COUNTRY MUSIC! haha---- I mean it though

From what my wife has told me, the singers get to pick here on out what they sing. I believe there are MUCH more country music lovers out there than any other type in our good ol' USA. But then again... I also said that about my fellow Republicans at the last pres election.......

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
I used to watch American idol every year but without Paula and simon I knew idol would go downhill after they left.
I used Toby Keith + Kid Rock only as examples because like them or not they've both made a ton of money in Country music.

The contestants get to pick their own songs for now, at some point they will have to sing a song the judges pick out, that's when you'll see who can and who can't meet the challenge.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree about the judges! J-Lo debuted her new song/video last night on Idol... can't tell if it's hip hop, techno, or rap. I just love songs that repeat random words over and over. NOT! <---grew up in the 90's

you're right brucebruce... they have made a ton of money in Country music... but i'm happy to say not one penny has been out of my wallet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I bet you TG and huntNH love this GUY!!!!!! GFdeputy?? comon' you know you love it!! Even you brucebruce! comon' fellas.... you know the tator is right

I already know HM is tapping his foot to this one!!!!!!!!!
dont know him. you could not pay me to watch idol. i do like the song long black train, but would rather hear the origanal artist sing it then watch 20 kids butcher songs and sing hip hop just to see one kid who can sing.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
watch 20 kids butcher songs and sing hip hop just to see one kid who can sing.

My wife and I DVR the show and we do ALOT of fast-forwarding.. I hear BF watches it late at night, when his family is all asleep! :bag: that's just what I heard.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.