Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been bitten by the new boat bug.
With the new camp on the lake the wife has been wanting to get out on the boat more and more. The problem is the bass boat beats her to death, the water can get pretty rough at times. I started looking at boats and found pretty quick that new boat prices are still pretty high but that the used boat market is really good.

I have seen lots of boats the last couple of weeks some real dogs but some really good ones. I have found one that I think is what I'm looking for, it's a local boat (meaning never been in salt water), it has been trailered instead of being kept in the water and runs great. Anyway I made a rediculous offer and he took it so it looks lioke I have a new toy.

What do you think?

1994 Chaparall 2300SX
5.7 liter V8
Bravo 3 outdrive

Has all the canvas Bimini top with full enclosure cockpit cover the works.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I think you got an Awesome Boat
That's what I think!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

G

·
looks fun but not very sportsman like. no out riggers, down riggers, kites.... no its nice and from the start of this post no matter what we thought its the Mrs that counts and rightly so.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nice looking family boat good for skiing ,tubing etc did ya keep the bass boat?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
sounds like the best of both worlds you kept the bass boat and now something for the whole family to enjoy

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
very nice boat, 454? fuel wasn't a concern! That thing will fly!

I'm glad you said that, it is a 5.7 not a 7.4. I have looked at so many I put down the wrong size.

This thing has a hydrogen generator that is supposed to add about 20% to the fuel milage. Anybody ever heard of that?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckshot, my best guess is someone installed a small fuel cell electrolysis hydrogen generator. If this is the case there should be a small vacuum tube hooked to the carberator inlet somewhere. The system spearates the hydrogen from water through positive/negative plates like a battery releasing the hydrogen and the vacuum on the motor then sucks it in increasing the hydrocarbon mix of the gasoline. This is susposed to cut fuel needs by up to 40%???? You should be able to locate a small canister with a two wire set up and a water intake hose and the vacuum tube to the carberator. I would assume the electrolysis plates would wear out and need replaced at some point. Many years ago there was another system whereby water was injected directly into the carberator atempting to do the same thing, releasing hydrogen during the combustion process. I'm not sure if these units are still in production. That's about it for me.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is exactly how this guy described it. He is a distributor for these things and told how to recharge it and all. It almost sounds to easy, why don't we have them standard on every car?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i read about those online they use em in diesal trucks too they call it the 6 pack system

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Buckshot, my best guess is someone installed a small fuel cell electrolysis hydrogen generator. If this is the case there should be a small vacuum tube hooked to the carberator inlet somewhere. The system spearates the hydrogen from water through positive/negative plates like a battery releasing the hydrogen and the vacuum on the motor then sucks it in increasing the hydrocarbon mix of the gasoline. This is susposed to cut fuel needs by up to 40%???? You should be able to locate a small canister with a two wire set up and a water intake hose and the vacuum tube to the carberator. I would assume the electrolysis plates would wear out and need replaced at some point. Many years ago there was another system whereby water was injected directly into the carberator atempting to do the same thing, releasing hydrogen during the combustion process. I'm not sure if these units are still in production. That's about it for me.
You don't say. What did you say? Doesn't matter, WHERE CAN I GET ONE!?

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
HM I don't know what you just said but it sounds cool and as WMI said "where can I get one?" I have heard of setups like that but I wouldn't understand a darn thing about it. Rocket Science.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts