Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 30 years in the woods of NH i did some snowshoeing for the first time. went and set a couple cameras on some trails. Did about 2 miles total. it was kinda fun. worked up a good sweat, found some good trails in a new area. found that the tree i got my deer with the PSE is good late season. it had the highest concentration of deer sign around it. i'll check them in a week or so. anyone do any snowshoing? got any tips?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
always wanted to try that.the place i went early deer hunting does a snowshoe hunt for grouse and rabbits sounds like fun

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bet it would be fun, joel. good exercise, gets me out in the woods, scouting for next year, all kinds of good reasons to give it a go. I didn't get top of the line they came from wal-mart 275 pound weight limit. they worked well. If I really end up liking it I'll get a good pair.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
funny the place i was talking about sent me pics today.the smile on my face with my deer really picked me up.how much were the shoes ronn?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$80 something like that. they had a pair that went up to 350 lbs but i figure 275 lbs is enough and they are a little shorter. everyone says go with a shoe that will far surpass what you except to be carrying. got a set of old ski poles from my father-in-law and I was good to go.

·
Registered
773 Posts
we dont get enough snow around this part to even think about snow shoes. we might get 4 inches two or three times a seasson but its usualy gone in two days. sounds like fun though.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ronn i called the guide they got tons of snow in the daks and tons of grouse too:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts