Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone do any snow shoeing? i've been doing a little for the past couple years. i snow shoe in to set cameras and make trails for the deer. the deer will use a maintained trail over trying to post hole. i think i'm headed in with a camera, getting one back out with the rise in temps, and to see whats there for sign. i'm guessing there is more than a couple feet of snow left in areas. the trees in open areas are melted to the ground so i think a scouting trip is in order.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
snowshoed in this am hoping to find the snow pack to be less than 2 feet and the deer back. well i didn't find that. the snow pack is still over my waist in spots. i saw one old set of what i believe to be deer tracks and one set of turkey tracks. i did hang a camera but i think i'll just leave it alone for a few weeks. its about 2 miles in and 2 miles out so it was a good work out.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I started mowing my grass yesterday evening and have to finish up today. Its hard for me to imagine folks snowshoeing right now. Done have the garden tilled and cold weather plants planted. 80 degrees today.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
It was 80 in MO yesterday too bf. I got a slight sunburn from being outside! Haven't started the mowing yet... but it'll be here before i know it. Garden is still a little muddy to till up...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.