Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got 8 inches of snow in the driveway. They up'ed our forecast to 12 inches. I think they may be a little off. Im guessing we will have about 15 by morning. We just added 3 inches or so in only 1 hour and a half.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Wow, sounds like you folks are all going to be playing in a lot of snow today. :w00t:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had 9-10 in the driveway this morning. Been wearing out the 4-wheeler attached to an air mattress. The air mattress has to many holes now. We still sled on it but its not as comfortable as before.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
BF we do still have to shovel roofs but our roofs are made to take a snow load don't know what the specs are down south or for that matter here. I shovel mine about every 2 feet unless weather is going to warm then I shovel it regardless because of ice buildup
we are looking like 15-18 here today been snowing like crazy since 3:30am
but only got about 4" but they are saying starting in an hour or so it will be coming down at a rate of 1.5 - 2.5" per hour till about 2:pm

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
well now that the storm is over I was planning on shooting the bow after work but the only part of my 3d target that is visable is the head & top of the back my area got well into the 20" range
man I hate winter

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Here in NW Ohio we got 4-5" of snow. BF, snow load can be a problem if the rafters are say 2X6 instead of 2x8 and on 24" centers instead of 16". When I built my cabin up north, I used 2x10 rafters and 3/4" decking just to have a piece of mind for snow load. It may have been overkill but..... Also, low pitched roofs are proned to problems as they can't shed the snow off. If in doubt, shovel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
we only got about 8" at our place. that is quite a bit more than anything we have seen in several years so it was a big deal. the kids had a good time playing in it. saw several deer trails when i went walking through the woods. too bad its not gun season, they would have been easy to spot.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here in NW Ohio we got 4-5" of snow. BF, snow load can be a problem if the rafters are say 2X6 instead of 2x8 and on 24" centers instead of 16". When I built my cabin up north, I used 2x10 rafters and 3/4" decking just to have a piece of mind for snow load. It may have been overkill but..... Also, low pitched roofs are proned to problems as they can't shed the snow off. If in doubt, shovel.
Thx HM. Down here all rafters I have seen are 2x6. On 16 centers.

I know what your saying about low pitched roofs. I have one and still have tons of snow sitting on top. I figured with a metal roof it would cause the snow to slide a little better but noticed it still sits a while before it begans the slide down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.