Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's snowing here this morning with 4-8 inches forecast for the valley and 10-30 inches in the mountains. This means eastern Montana, where I will be hunting antelope next week, will have gumbo which will make dirt and ranch roads impassable. The good news is that, the forecast for next week is temps in the 60s, and perhaps those roads wil dry out a little by then. Keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Tell you what.. We will all cross our fingers for you as well.. Sounds like a pretty cool hunt. Ive never hunted antelope before. Snow is awesome too. Its in the 80's in TN today.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
gumbo? i thought that was something ya eat in New orleans?

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
10 - 30" that sounds like NH forcasters! we could get a dusting to 60" could be sunny in the 80's or could be -30 witha wind chill of -80
well good luck & hope it works out for ya

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Onehorse, if gumbo is what I got into in Colorado then I understand the road thing. Red, sticky,clay like muck. My trailer tires got so loaded up with the stuff that they quit turning and just slid. At 12,000 ft that wasn't much fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Onehorse I know you aint joking as I saw the newspaper articals...

Red Lodge got 29" I'm just glad it hasn't really started that around the Flathead Valley here yet. Some mountain stuff, but nothing in the valley area.

Good luck on chasin them speed goats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.