Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
you can also try a jake decoy in the hen mounted position:whistling:this tends to PO the boss gobbler

G

·
I hardly ever use a decoy any more. Seems that about half the time when that mature tom sees the decoy he splits quick fast and in a hurry. the other half they lock up out ther at 60 yards. I'd say I have had a decoy work 1 time in ten. I have better results with out one. But hey don't be afraid to try it all you never know.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
just throwing it out there.we could tell him to practice his calling:wink::biggrin:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
yup i was thinking he could also try the fall trick off busting up the flock but thats more of a last ditch effort for me.come on spring season:ibtl::ibtl::ibtl::ibtl:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ever hunt with a buddy? Try this, set up like Ronn said about 30 or so yards off a field. When a tom shows up to your calls but won't come in for the kill, sit tight and have a friend sneak back in the woods 50 yards or so from u and start calling again. This tells the tom the hen is moving on and if he wants to get some he better come looking.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yep, I tried it last year on some hung-up toms, but, my partner moved when he should not of and spooked some hens coming into my right side that he could not see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts