Deer Hunting Forums banner

Sign of the times

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  tator 
#1 ·
Today I started my 37th year at the acid refinery, today the new owners announced that management will no longer have 6 weeks vacation after 30 years service, now only 5 weeks. Not a good sign of the times ahead! :yucky:

#2 ·
\
OUCH, I feel for you man! A L O N G time ago I joined the Army. I went to flight school, even graduated. I stayed, even tho life was not always easy ( I volunteered and paid my dues).

Bottom line..... the free health insurance I was promised upon joining has been.... changed! I now pay monthly for dental insurance (that sucks!) and also a co-payment every time I might go to the Doctor's office.

I'm tired of broken promises, very, very tired.....:boxing:

#4 ·
well at least we are all still working Big wig came to our plant & told us they are moving out of the state & part of it out of the country
luckily engineering is staying here well for now but 100 people are losing their job's

#5 ·
In today's economy, right now I'm happy to have a "good" job. GD (General Dynamics) has been good to me, paying for my bachelor AND masters degree. We've gone through three different health plan providers over the past decade +, but hey, I'm not complaining - at least we still have a health plan, dental, eye care, pharmacy, etc.

At least we got grandfathered into the "old" retirement plan - meaning that we get a retirement plan AND the 401k plan that I contribute to. Most folks getting hired in the past few years only get the 401k plan. Still have a few more years before getting close to retirement, but it's nice to know that it will be there for me when that day does come around.

Turner - I feel your pain, bud! Got "promised" the same health care for life, too when I came in back in March '77. Realized that was all a crock of @#$% too by the time I hung up my uniform for the last time some twenty years later.

RR

#6 ·
It's 12;15 AM i'M SITTING ON THE COMPUTER Sucking DOWN A BOTTLE OF amish wine on a late saturday night. I GOT 1/2 WAY DONE HANGING THE DRYWALL TODAY IN THE DAUGHTER;S OLD BEDROOM., PROGRESS GOES SLOW AT MY AGE SO i AHVE TO BE CONCERNED THAT SPEED IS OF NO CONSEQUENSE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.