Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a question, do fiber optic strands loose thier light transmission properties over time? My Cobra Sidewinder pins seem a whole lot less bright than when new. I compared my son's new Cobra to mine and their half as bright. Sight is about 4 years old and when it was new looked like the light was on all the time, not so now!

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much time over time do you mean? I've had my Flashpoint on now for just over a year, and they are as bright as can be still. When I use my fiber light that even gets them glowing even brighter. Just can't use the light during bowhunting season, but can during the general season.

G

·
never noticed it hm you might be on to something there. i have the summit's hot dot on one of my bows, the one i use the most, and its not a problem. batteries are though.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i never noticed it but its possible after all the sun fades most things

·
Registered
562 Posts
I switched to a new sight pin system this year and noticed that the new ones are much brighter than the last...so I'd say yeah, I think they can lose the "glow" that they have when new. Some systems have replaceable fibers. Might be something to check out

·
Registered
75 Posts
I never noticed it before but now that you say something I think Ill have to agree with you, mine seem dimmer also. Mine is five years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts