Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sighting in a bow to get ready for hunting season, should I sight it in with the broadheads I will be using? ...or does it not matter whether I use field tips or broadheads? Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Always sight in with what you will be hunting with. Some archers get lucky and their broad heads hit the same as their field tips, most are not that lucky.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I use my filed tips to get it close then fine tune it w/ my broadheads
mine do fly just like my field tips or very close I also shoot every day all year long weather it is a 1/2 dozen or 30 but I never stop shooting I think this is just as important as sighting it in

·
Registered
820 Posts
My Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts fly exactly like my field tips. Before hunting season I just shoot them into my Block 4x4 target to make sure they're on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Always sight in with what you will be hunting with. Some archers get lucky and their broad heads hit the same as their field tips, most are not that lucky.
i agree with hunting man i run a archery range here in ont and can speak from expierience i know just know if your bow is more than 300fps not ibo either ya gotta run 125 grain atleast!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Wisconsin- gotta love those magnus stingers! great broadheads! I'm like you, they are dead on to what my field tips do!

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
When sighting in a bow to get ready for hunting season, should I sight it in with the broadheads I will be using? ...or does it not matter whether I use field tips or broadheads? Thank you for your help!
The best way to sight in a bow is to start with Field tips, then once you gain accuracy and consistancy then you can try switching to your broadheads.
You may have to make small adjusments by switching but in the end the field tips will save your broadheads from the rigor of sighting in....

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Agree with all above me. My muzzys fly just a tad bit different than my field points. Not enough to probably matter but would rather be as close to dead on center as I can be.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Buckfever you're right on the muzzy broadheads, I had to move my pins slightly to adjust for the 1.5 " difference at 20 yds vs field points. I will say last year when I tried the Rage 3-blades they shot true to the field points.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts