Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a deer standing in the field beside my house yesterday at lunch time I have never seen a deer in this field in the middle of the day so I watched it for awhile it seemed lost or disoriented today I found it dead less than 10 yrds from where I seen it. It had no visible injuries , its tongue was very blue which I thought was strange so I called the dnr and they said it probably had EHD. Anyone ever seen this before.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Yes indeed.. Go to the home page of this site and look under hunting articles. There is an article titled ehd blue tongue. Lots of info there. I would have copied and pasted for you but I'm on my blackberry. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw a deer standing in the field beside my house yesterday at lunch time I have never seen a deer in this field in the middle of the day so I watched it for awhile it seemed lost or disoriented today I found it dead less than 10 yrds from where I seen it. It had no visible injuries , its tongue was very blue which I thought was strange so I called the dnr and they said it probably had EHD. Anyone ever seen this before.

Oh yeah, Southern Indiana and maybe some in Northern Indiana counties were hit hard due to blue tongue or EHD. The tongues gets swollen up and they cannot drink nor eat. It can also swell up so bad the deer will be unable to breathe. Seen lots of dead ones last year, few were big bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts