Deer Hunting Forums banner

should I get a TomTom Nav?

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
My sister and brother both have navigation units and its pretty handy, so I'm thinking about getting one. I think they both have Tomtoms, should I go for that or do you have any suggestions?

#4 · (Edited)
I have a Garmin, probably 4 year old unit, a Nuvi 205, really functions well. We have several friends who have TomToms and all are pleased with them, but it is hard to beat Garmin when it comes to navigation aids, they have been at it longer than most anybody else. I would keep pounding the sale offers, sometimes you can find Garmins really cheap. Somewhere between $90 and $110 should get you a unit with way more stuff than you need. Make sure it has the "Lifetime Map".

#9 ·
I have to agree as well. Many phones like the android and iphone allow you to upgrade your maps as well for free. I believe that you have to pay to upgrade your tom tom year to year. With your android everything that google maps gets and updates you get as well

#10 ·
I have a Tom Tom and a Garmin. I like the Garmin better.

#11 ·
The wife & I both have garmins in our cars & my handheld is also a Garmin
Personaly I won't use anything else have had great luck with them & have used Garmin for about 15 years. I do hear good thingd about the TomTom but I will stick with my Garmins

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.