Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hunting today and as I was sneaking around I heard foot steps. At first I thought it was a squirrel in the dead leaves but then I heard what sounded like antlers on tree branches. The area I was in is heavly wooded and makes it difficult to see more than 15 yards. So long story short, no, I never actualy saw a deer and I didn't bring one home. I would move a few feet and listen, move a few feet and listen, and I chased the sounds for probably 2 hours. I think I got very close at one point but, not sure. May not have even been a deer, but it sounded like one. Finally the sounds stopped and it got too hot (about 2p.m.) so I packed it up for the day.

As I was walking back I started thinking, if I had actually encountered a deer the scenario would be this; heavy brush, close range (30 yards or less) would my scoped 7mm rifle be better than my 12ga. shotgun with 00. buck shot. (my only other option) so I thought I'd throw it out to you experianced hunters to see what you think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.