Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
Looks pretty cool ronn. :thumbup: Is it a 223? That's a really light weight rifle. I was at the local dealer today looking at Stag arms. Not sure of the cal yet but I think I will be ordering a Stag built rifle at the end of this month. They are also USA built and do 80% of their machining. I'm thinking of a 6.8 cal as I won' be shooting a whole lot but it could be used for hunting a varity of game. Any experience out there on the 6.8 cal? Does anyone own a Stag built rifle?

· Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
very serious looking. I won't be burning up ammo at the range so I like the in between 6.8. I see where barnes has a 120 gr bullet for the 6.8. If ... a person wanted to take it deer hunting it would do the job. Most likely this one will be near the bed. I'm thinking of a nice light and mid range green dot what do you think?

· Super Moderator
8,471 Posts
add the federal 338 and 6.5 creedmore rounds. I only got to see 1 dealer at the show this weekend, selling Panther arms. Its really hard to see a lot of difference in product quality with these rifles. DPMS, Stag, Rock River, ect. Cabela's has a Panther Arms DPMS model Oracle 5.56 round selling for $699.99 for the next couple of weeks? I wish I knew more about AR rifle quality between various makers. The new Remingtons are nice looking, but price is up there. I was told that ammo for the 6.8 is limited and the dealer suggested the 223. I have learned there is some suttle differences between the 223 and 5.56 rounds, something to consider and know the inter-changibility of the rounds. There is also a product offering that is a compromise that feeds both rounds as a compromise. Starts with a W... wilde or something?:wacko:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.