Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took first shot with bow tonight. I could only manage 1 shot at 20 yds a little shakey & some light pain but was 1" right of bull. I'm not going to push things just had to get that first one in. 10 weeks post surgery and no doubt I've got a ways to go.:yes:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
thats great but you dont want to tear or injure anything.are crossbows legal for you?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joel not till I'm old and gray well till I'm old. Pt said I won't tear anything just stop when pain sets in. Ohio allows crossbows in archery season. PA requires a doctor's written statement that you send in to the Game Commision for a crossbow disability permit.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
i hunt with a cross bow ,,,does that make me less of a hunter???????
Not at all, A crossbow is a great weapon especially for those with disabilities who cannot handle a traditional long or Compound bow.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wife has final decision in all matters! :wallbash:I never judge any hunter's choise of weapons as long as its legal where they are hunting. To each his/her own in the hunting world!:smile:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
congrats huntingman. Glad to see you getting back on track. I know you've heard it a million times but here goes again. Just be careful.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That's right HM, take it very easy and be very careful. You must do exactly what the Doc and PT say. I do hope that you'll be able to get some good quality bow time in though. Delbert, as HM said, as long as it's legal to each his own in the hunting world.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
YES and once again, just be CAREFUL !!!

make that a million and three

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
i did win a mathews q something a few years back...my son shoots it ...we only have 5 days a year to shoot a slug,,,all season with bow or crossbow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts