Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, everyone. Do anyone use shooting stick for deer hunt? If so, which one would you recommend?

G

·
i don't use sticks for deer hunting. normally its the nearest tree. I do use sticks on wood chucks (ground hogs for you southern boys, or whistle pigs if you rather). I use to sticks about 36" long wired together.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah I'm with NH. I don't like using a shooting stick either. Just to much wobble for me. I am going to purchase a Harris bipod as soon as I get a chance. Best of luck with your decision.

·
Registered
773 Posts
a stick will steady your vertical but not your Horizonal and a bipod should steady both ways but its also something else to pack. Its just as easy to prop up against a tree or somthing to help, even rapping your sling around your arm will help some, but unless your huning open plains ground i wouldnt bother with it. if you are in open land id go with at best a bipod for the best stability. if your in open hilly groung they do sell a bipod thay mounts to your gun works well without harm to your gun but to use you'll be shooting from a laying down posison. the legs are only 4 inches and can extend out to around 10 inches. witch is awsome on your shotgun for turkey season!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just usually make my own. Find a couple of good straight sticks cut them to needed length and tie them together about 4" from the top. Makes a good walking stick too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, that's why I wanted a stick and not a bipod - I thought I could use it for walking, testing ground in front of me, hitting the bushes, and to steady my camera if I saddently decide to take a picture instead of a shot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't use shooting sticks,but I have used a shooting stick.It is just a single stick that is adjustable to just about any shooting height.There is no shooting rails in my blinds so it does help to steady your shot.I have 2 and they are camo and made by eastman.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I just purchased a Primos shooting stick for a new chair blind I have. It works well and adjusts with a trigger type release.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts