Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what you guys have for shooting facilities and what distances do you practice shooting? I belong to a club that has a range with dozens of bays, covered benches and targets set out to 500 yards.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Our club has several covered ranges, 100,200.500 yds. They also have an old west town built for the black powder shooters. We have skeet, and an archery walking 3-D range, all this with dues at only 50/year.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Sounds like you fellows have a good set-up. We have this place way out in the sticks. Probably 5 covered sheds, but the most distance we can get is about 100-150 yds. The guy that owns the farm has a sign up in his driveway that says "Please drop 5 bucks in the mailbox if your using the shooting range."

·
Registered
790 Posts
You guys are so lucky. The only range in Md. is 100 yards. I have to go out on one of my farms to practice longer ranges. It use to be a real pain before laser range finders. Folding picnic tables and sand bags.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I shoot athe sporstman club down near my in laws. They have 2 trap, 2 skeet ranges, bow range, covered handgun range, 1 open air 100yd rifle range, and a covered 16 bench rifle range with berms starting at 25 yds out to 500 yds. Nice complex for $50 a year.

Machine gun Air gun Military camouflage Shotgun Shooting range

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
lots of ranges all different types

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I Have A Shooting Range That I Made Behind My House I Can Shoot Up To 200yrds.there Are A Couple Of Shooting Ranges Around Here But I'm To Cheap To Join Lol.mine Works Just Fine.
"if its free its for me" i agree 100%

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Me too. I target shoot off the back deck into the hill behind the pond. I did go to an indoor range the other day that was a nice set up for pistols. They had 6 stalls and the automated target lines that brought the target to you. It was a first for me I enjoyed it. I don't shoot a lot of pistols and still qualified with 92% out to 15 yards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wondering what you guys have for shooting facilities and what distances do you practice shooting? I belong to a club that has a range with dozens of bays, covered benches and targets set out to 500 yards.

I got the same here, the only difference is 600 yrd range targets. Makes for fun shooting.

Have a good one,

Jerry

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a spot across from my house that I can shoot 300 yards. I joined a range that was 200 yards with covered benches but thats a 35 mile drive. Across from the house is easier but I like the set up at the range. Besides...the toy store is nextdoor...grins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.