Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew Shane came out to get his first deer this year. He was shooting a 243 and made a perfect 30 yard shot on this doe. I have it on video, but can't get it on the computer for some reason...I wish I could, it's great.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
great picture, I really like to see the youth learning what hunting's all about. Did he get involve in the gutting? I still can't get my 28 year old nephew to do it yet he just starts to dry heave right away. He just shot his second deer this year. I hope to complete his training next year.:bag:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, he was really curious. He just held legs and watched with the field dressing, but got to do some cutting with the skinning and boning out.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can watch it on the camera, but not on the computer. Wrong format or something???

G

·
:unsure:is it a mini disc? thats the only one i know anything about and that ain't much. If its the mini disc you need to finalize the disc on the camera that way you can't loose it then you will be able to see it on the computer. other than that:unsure:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm...it has a mini sd card slot, but not card in there. It must just be on the camera's memory?? I don't know enough about this obviously, but will try to figure something out.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Congrats to both of ya.

If you haven't entered him in contest please do. Its a $100 draw.

Good luck with the video. That tech stuff gets me every time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats!! and just filming hunts is a rush!

Im pretty into the tech stuff...whats going on with the video, and not being able to upload it to your computer..?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
congrats to the both of you.i applaud anyone who gets the youth involved its essential for the tradtion to continue

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations Shane!!!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Congrats to the both of you!

By the way, we have a rule around our house -
You shoot it, you dress it!

Had to "help" my sons when they got theirs, but they did most of the cutting.

It's the only way that they learn.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments guys...he did watch and learn on the field dressing, but I wasn't comfortable letting him in on that part just yet. He will be back over christmas and we will probably go out for another doe during the special doe weekend. Maybe can get a little more involved with it then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts