Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applied for my antelope tag and trophy deer and elk areas yesterday. Chances of drawing the antelope tag are about 90% for residents here. The trophy elk area is about 12 % (but I've got some bonus points to help my odds). The deer area has only about a 7% chance, and I don't have any bonus points, so we'll see what happnes. Of course, I can still hunt elk and deer in the rest of the state as well as doe antelope (2 tags) with over-the-counter tags. Anyone else applying for tags anywhere?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
we only have to apply for extra doe management tags thats not till august.i get a supersportsman license that allows for all small game ,a bowpermit,muzzle loader permit ,big game permit and a turkey permit and a fishing license plus a 1 yr subscription to the states outdoors magazine for 76$ i think its a pretty good deal.My buddy who i pheasant hunt with applies for doe tags and signs em over to me and i give him some of the venision if a get lucky.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We have a moose lottery in NH. The chances for residents are about 1 in 20. I also have bonus points that increase the odds. You can pick a sub-permittee that can also hunt with you if you should get lucky and be drawn for a tag. My hunting partner also enters and has muliple bonus points so eventually I get drawn. You get drawn for a certain management unit. Up in Northern NH the success rates are in the 90's. 300-350# of meat could be the yield of taking down a moose.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
No tags to get here, I have three buck tags and about all the doe tags I could possibly want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts