Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a new gun and of course my wife stepped in and said that I can have one for christmas. Heres the deal there is a 600 dollar cap any help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you looking for a 12 of 20 gauge, synthetic or wood stock, does it shoot 2and 3/4- 3- or 3and1/2 inch shells. These are somethings you need to ask yourself. Also, what are you going to hunt with it; Ducks, geese, turkey, pheasant, quail. I like the Remington 11-87, it is a little heavier than some shotguns but it is a good gun and will last a long time. They run between 5 and 6 hundred, but if you watch the ads you catch it a little cheaper. Whatever you get make sure the gun fits you, you may have to wait to save a little more money to get the gun you really like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you looking for a 12 of 20 gauge, synthetic or wood stock, does it shoot 2and 3/4- 3- or 3and1/2 inch shells. These are somethings you need to ask yourself. Also, what are you going to hunt with it; Ducks, geese, turkey, pheasant, quail. I like the Remington 11-87, it is a little heavier than some shotguns but it is a good gun and will last a long time. They run between 5 and 6 hundred, but if you watch the ads you catch it a little cheaper. Whatever you get make sure the gun fits you, you may have to wait to save a little more money to get the gun you really like.
I am looking for a 12 gauge wood stock or camo stock 2 3/4 to 3 I only hunt rabbit, squerrel, and deer

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
well a mossberg 500 can do that for about 300$ and you get a rifled slug barell too.pocket the extra 300 of buy a second gun:biggrin:eek:h the moss aint a semi auto its a pump my bad

·
Registered
4 Posts
cannot go wrong with the remington 11-87. i do suggest getting the synthetic stocks if you deer hunt though...i made the mistake of buying my first deer gun with wood stocks and as anyone would i want my guns to be nice even though they are put through heck. may be a little more than you want to spend but it is worth it.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Yeah I don't need another !2 ga. but I'm pretty sure I'll have this Weatherby Semi-auto 12 Ga. next year. :w00t:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i dont have any 12 gauges. i got a 20 ga mossburg 500. during hunting season it has a rifle stock, and aftermarket 26" barral w interchaingable chokes. in the off season it gets its 18" barral and pistol grip put back on it. i want a 12 ga for hunting so i can keep my 20 ga in off season mode. plus a 12 ga would be nice for turky, as well as using buck shot, when i want durring deer season.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
BB, I took notice of that semi-auto also. For the money and the name its a good buy and most likely will be purchased my yours truly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts