Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which gun is better the remington 750 or the winchester sxr (super x)

or if you know of any other that is a good gun for the money

thanks every one

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I think that bolt action rifles are more accurate than the ejector rifles. But that is what I heard from people I don't know first hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree! I have a remington automatic 270 and I have a ruger bolt action 270. With the ruger i can shoot a 5 shot group within a 1 1/2". The automatic however it will be 5-6inch groups. Both guns have the same scope and shootin the same bullets. Again this is just my experience! Another thing the automatic hasnt shot but about three boxes of shells out of it and it allready jams up half the time! It has been cleaned regularly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
smi auto

well my 742,and 7400,shoots 1 3/4 group 5 shots 100 yards also the 7600 and 760 270s shoots about the same my savage and stevens about 3/4 to 1 1/8 i wouldn't be afferd to take any ones hunting and do also 300,steven mag and 270 wsm went to quebec carbou. both did exelent 3 carbous the 300 mag in the stevens line 300 yards plus 2shots 2 anminals the 270wsm only one but hunting was tough ceader savage

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have an sxr in a 300wsm and it shoots 1 1/4 groups at 100yrds.but thats with reloading.but found winchester supreme elites also shoot very well but very pricy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
it kinda depends on what you want your gun for just cause or big game hunting other than deer. personally i think a 30.06 is overkill for a deer a .270 or .243 is fine for deer and fairly accurate but i also agree with the other guys saying that bolt action is more accurate in my experience it also depends a lot on the shooter and if they keep the same sight picture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BAR Browning

If I were to buy a Semi Auto I suggest a older Belgium Browning BAR in 270 Win.

I have a Rem 742.....the gas system gets very dirty. The BAR has a Piston which is very easy to clean/dissaseble.

And the BAR is more accurate than the 7400 or 742.

The Rem 760 pump was and still is a excellent rifle I have 2 a BDL and Carbine both in 30-06.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I second the recommendation of a BAR

When we have our gun range open to the public in the fall we see alot of rifles on the line. The most popular semi autos are the Rem (742, Model 4's, Model 750's), Winchesters model 100s, and Browning BARs. I personally think that the Brownings are the ones that usually are shooting the best. I know that my Dad's Rem 742 kicks like a mule in 30-06 due to it's steel buttplate.

Karl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts