Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping for a scope. Actually two scopes. Price range of about $150 each. I know that's not much for a scope, but I kind of figured that I should be able to find something decent at that price. This was the one that caught my eye, but they are all sold out.

Nikon® Prostaff 3 - 9x40 mm Rifle Scope
Features:

Anti-reflective multi-coated lenses
3-9X magnification
40 mm objective lens for a wider view
F.O.V. @ 100 yds. is 35.7' at 3X, 11.9' at 9X
13.3 mm-5.5 mm exit pupil
3.6" eye relief
1/4" M.O.A. for precision windage and elevation adjustments
Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for 100% waterproof and fogproof integrity.
12" long, 16 ozs.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a nikon prostaff on my rifle and really like it.also check out the bushnell 3600 elite. check them out on natchez,they have a factory recon. section with awsome prices and same warranty as new

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I have not seen the Natchez web site before. It looks like they have some pretty good prices.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't remember who the manufacturer is, but my Cabela's 3x9x40 Alaskan Guide series turned out to be an excellent scope. Sighted in about 10 years ago and haven't touched it since except to check zero and practice each year. It was about $125.00 back then. Marty

·
Registered
986 Posts
redfield or good,made by leapold with leapold parts and 1/2 the price

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm shopping for a scope. Actually two scopes. Price range of about $150 each. I know that's not much for a scope, but I kind of figured that I should be able to propane in san diego find something decent at that price. This was the one that caught my eye, but they are all sold out.

Nikon® Prostaff 3 - 9x40 mm Rifle Scope
Features:

Anti-reflective multi-coated lenses
3-9X magnification
40 mm objective lens for a wider view
F.O.V. @ 100 yds. is 35.7' at 3X, 11.9' at 9X
13.3 mm-5.5 mm exit pupil
3.6" eye relief
1/4" M.O.A. for precision windage and elevation adjustments
Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for 100% waterproof and fogproof integrity.
12" long, 16 ozs.
Where were you planning on buying it from?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Have two Nikon Prostaff scopes on rifles. I took a Zeiss off one and put the Nikon on a few years ago. That should just about say it all. Both rifles are .308 and I had one on my muzzleloader for a few years until I sold the mzl, scope and all and got a new one. The scope on the new one is a fixed, 4X something or other and is deadly out to 250-yards which is as far as I can see these days.:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts