Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about the Nikon Coyote Special predator scope line, found one on e-bay 4.5X14X40 matte black. Includes side focus AO. Don't know a bit about Nikon scopes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Everyone seems to like Nikon products. I'm still a little leary. I did buy a Nikon rangefinder a couple of years ago and it works great. As for scopes, I'm a Burris and leuopold fan. I really have no reason not to buy a Nikon, just they haven't been making scopes as long as others I don't believe. I believe more often than not, you get what you pay for, and with optics, I'll buy the best I can afford, sometimes costing more than the gun I put them on. But that's just me. I s'pose I didn't come close to answering your question, grins. I just always shy away from Nikon. Others will disagree I'm sure, I'd just rather have something else.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I own two nikons and I realy like them I also have a couple burris. They both have great glass , but the burris has a longer eye relief.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i got a nikon 2-7 on my benelli shotgun never had a problem for the price the glass is pretty good.i dont think there as good as a leupold and there made overseas but not a bad scope.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I got a couple of Nikons and cant complain about their product. If the price is right I think you would be happy with it.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of my scope buying was back in the 70's and 80's. I haven't purchased a new high quality scope in a long time. I've put low/mid dollar scopes on some ML rifles and a new leupold rifleman on the TC but this time I want something better. E-bay has some really good buys on quality used scopes and buyer beware but I'm sure a person can get a good buy. Redfield scopes were a great scope and even back then they ran pretty steep in cost. Now they are made by Leupold and are in the lower price range. Weavers are in the same boat I think. You can't beat leupolds but man the cost has really gone up. This Savage 99 needs a scope length over 13" or I have to get extended bases to give proper eye relief so my scope choises are narrowed. The Nikon coyote specials are 14.4" I think thus will give me fairly good adjustment. The 99 isn't much good after 300yds so the 14X is overkill, maybe not for these eyes. I just don't know about the Nikon line. I appreciate all the input. SM, I hear you! Budgets are always a concern/problem at times. My goal is to make this rifle really a nice set-up. Quality for the money that's the question to solve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts