Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Franklin County TN. Yesterday they cancelled school at 5:30 hopin they will hurry up and cancel it today. My principal said last night at a banquet we will probably not have school I have got text messages and phone calls saying schools out but my mom said I was not going hunting till they cancel it for sure:wallbash: since I have already missed 3 days to hunt.:biggrin: So im up at 4 lookin at the news. I want to go huntin bad the rut is in full swing. I seen a 150 class 8 point yesterday at the checkin station that is a very rare occurence in TN so I have the fever again. I will try to get some pix on here.

R

·
0 Posts
hope you got to go but you'll find that work, school, family, and the like come first. just the way it is.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
why did they cancel school ?ya get an 1" of snow:whistling::biggrin:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here in the South it don't take much for school to be out during deer season. My town always allows a 4 day weekend at the first of modern gun deer season. I guess they know that most of the kids aren't going to show up anyway, so it is better than having unplanned absences. We actually sacrifice one of the inclement weather days afforded by the state to do this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hope you finally got to do hunting. yeah everything always comes first before the things you want to do--hunting for one. kinda sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts