Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Perfection at a price....

All I have ever read or viewed in person was that these are great. Are they better than Zeiss or Swarovski I am not sure, but they do cost the most. I know that the Germans/Austrians take their sniper rifles very seriously. The scopes on those rifles are almost always Schmidt-Bender. I think they are made as perfect as possible, and that costs a lot of money. Can I see the difference over a top of the line Leopold, not in normal use. For me that is from the shooting bench at 100 yards, or walking through the woods hunting at 25-125 yards. I personally am fine with spending 1000.xx on a rifle and another 400.xx-500.xx on a scope. What I would not do is place a 2500.xx scope on a 1000.xx rifle. I would never buy a Lambordini either, not that I would ever have the option to own one.

Karl

·
Registered
852 Posts
I just found this writeup in Field and Stream...

Schmidt & Bender Summit riflescope
Schmidt & Bender is a small company that makes nothing but riflescopes, and until now has made nothing but German-style scopes. The Summit is its first 100 percent American-style scope. It’s a 2.5X-10X with a 1-inch tube. It is neither bulky nor heavy. I used one, and can tell you that S&Bs very likely have the best optics of any scope on the market. The Summit is the top of the heap, and is priced accordingly. Schmidtbender.com

I was just reading Field and Streams website and they had this from Shot Show 2010... I don't know when they will be around from distributors like MidwayUSA..

Karl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.