Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been wanting to put out some salt block . what do i need to do? is it better to use a block or just salt ou t of a bag? any help would be great.

·
Registered
195 Posts
A salt block, but first check your state regulations on baiting. In Michigan you can not hunt over a salt block during hunting season. What state do you live in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i live in tn. i think u can hunt over a salt block but not a mineral block. so i just bury it in the ground?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I use the trophy rocks and leave the plastic wrap on it, that will slow down the weather melt. If you put it on a hardwood stump they will first eat the rock then the stump. In TN salt is ok.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I also used to pour salt on an old rotton stumps needless to say the stumps are gone.good stump remover lol.i also used trophy rocks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in missouri we cant hunt over a block but i put this out in the spring and then again in augand they go nuts over it.1 50lb.bag ofrock salt 1 50lb bag of di-calcuimphosphate 2 50lb bags of trace mineral.Dig some holes and put a coffee can of salt a can of di-cal and 2 cans of trace mineral in the hole then set your game cam out.Get ready for alot of pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts