Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
smith & wesson have a recall on thompson center venture rifles please go to there web site for more info had to send mine back i got it sighted in just in time to take the scope back off and send in the gun :thumbdown:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I saw that too. It's a bummer, but at least they are recalling it before any accidents. I think every manufacture will make a few defects eventually. The test is if they do the right thing after it is discovered.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got my gun back

i got my rifle back today so time wise it was not to bad and they did work on it cause its all oily so the scope is back on and friday i'll shoot it back in just in time for my nc pig hunt:pickle:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nothing worse than a Firearm that doesn't behave..

I have a Remington M3200 12ga Over/Under that doubled on me. I killed a clay pigion very dead with two loads of 7.5s at the high house station 1 during a skeet round. The three other guys on my team all wondered why my shot was so loud. Unfortunately there wasn't another shell left for the other bird coming from the low house. A trip back to Remington fixed it, I guess that I wasn't the first to have this happen. Mechanical devices break, but I still trust them over microprocessor based devices. It is easy for a computerized system to have a brain fart.

Karl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts