Deer Hunting Forums banner

safety in the tree stand

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  buckfever 
#1 ·
Earlier this week, I heard the bad news that a man fell 20feet out of his tree stand and was killed. The report said he didn't have on a safety harness. I feel very sorry for his family and friends. But this can be a valuable lesson for all of us. WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS EVERYTIME YOU GET IN YOUR TREE, IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!! They may be a pain, but I think it's a pain you can handle. There are some really good vest systems out there and they are pretty comfortable. I use the Hunters Safety System. They can be pricy, but I think my life is worth it. JUST WEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ·
AMEN.I'm alive because my harness saved me from falling off a skyscraper.It's like a seat belt,ask any police officer,they never have to unbuckle dead people.they go through the glass.No one thinks its going to happen to them:crazy:If you have loved ones wear it for them,if ya dont wear it for us:biggrin:WE HAVE A SAYING IN THE CLIMBING WORLD.IT'S NOT THE HEIGHT THAT'LL KILL YA ITS THE SUDDEN STOP:no:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.