Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEF sidekick and I have heard several ideas about loading sabots, some say to lube them with borebutter, and some say to load them dry to ensure accuracy, any ideas?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I have never used bore butter for sabots.I think that stuff is only for patch and ball.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The owners manual for my TC says not to use any lube on the sabot. The theory is that you want the sabot to grip the rifling of the barrel as best as it can in order to inpart a spin on the bullet. The more spin the better stabalization of the bullet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I shoot the NEF sidekick also. I have had it a couple of years. I always shot Hornady sabots from my previous muzzleloader, so I continued using them with the sidekick. I was so frustratred while trying to sight it in using sabots, I could not group my shots if my life depended on it. So I tried Powerbelts this year with amazing results. My group was so tight at 75 yds the bullet holes were touching. Just curious if you have had the same problem. If so you might try the powerbelts.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I don't prelube the sabot but i do use the bore butter in the barrel and run a dry patch through it before I load. It works well for me and does make it easier to load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts