Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Yesterday was first day of Turkey season for SC public lands. Runs from April 1 to May 1. What did the guys find at our best Turkey land yesterday, probably the best scheme ever devised to shut us down, and at some expense as well. Some one drove around and up and down every road poring out corn. Since baiting is illegal here they actually made it illegal for us to hunt the Woodbury WMA. Talked to LEO's and they said they are going to see what they can do and and perhaps it will be open by 15th. So at best, a lot of us just had our season cut in half, if it actually gets opened at all.:ranting:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
That sucks! We had a baiting issue, we leased duck ponds for hunting, another property owner baited his pond which was less than 400 yds from ours. The feds came in and shut us down, something about being a certain distance from a baited site. We were later able to get the state guys to help us reopen. I hope you can get out hunting and hopefully find the culprit!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really don't know how they could figure out who did it, anti-hunters, one of the many private clubs surrounding it ,who knows. I 'll be out this weekend in another area, just probably more scouting than hunting more than likely. Bet those turkeys will be fattened up for end of season though.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
get some trail cameras set up to watch for you.i read an article somewhere this guy stole a new trail camera.he didnt know it belonged to a wildlife agent and the camera sent pics of the thief to the agents computer:w00t:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I bet the thief wasn't laughing ! :w00t:

·
Registered
517 Posts
That Sucks Turtle.nothing More Frustrating Than Someone That Ruined A Hunt.happened To Me Bfore And Its Not Fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts