Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
sorry I can't help on the south's rut but midwestern dates are generally nov 8-12 for peak, I think this year the peak is right now with a couple of extra days to boot. Things were a bit delayed. Don't know how the rest of the states are shaping up but I would expect a similar trend.

G

·
i think 09 is one of those years the rut is drawn out and not as pronounced that chalres alshymer talks about with the full moon and the autumnal equinox being switched but i'm not sure. all i know is starting the first day of the season if you got the time to be in the woods be there, right up until the last day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks..Talking to others here in GA. The rut is a bit odd this year. Almost none excistant. Some say its delayed due to the weather patterns we have had. lots of rain, warm one day then cold the next. Others have said they have never seen deer act the way they are this year. So far everyone I have spoken to still havent gotten a buck. So maybe the rut will start up once the weather patterns go back to normal..

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Al Gore knows as much about Global warming as Obama does about the Military.

·
Registered
62 Posts
back on subject. The rut in parts of NC seem to be the same... some what non exsistant. Seen some action really early in the season but then nothing. Finally saw a couple small bucks searching the ground (like for a scent), but the bigger bucks I've seen are cruising yet. Pretty late for what I know. Last year it was early nov.... Didnt seem to happen like that in upper central NC this year. My 2 cents

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here in NE Florida the chase phase typically starts the end of October. Halloween is always good for me. I believe the primary rut is the first week in November. The does that arent bred will estrous 30 days later and the youngest ones are usually the last to cycle if they do at all. It is not as pronounced here as it is up north so I here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.