Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone my local gun salesman his insrtucted me to seriously cosider buying a Ruger Hawkeye in .270win, so can I get some information on this rifle and on this caliber for deer hunting at 200-300 metres maximum 350 metres.

G

·
ruger makes a good rifle. i'm not sure what the hawkeye is but i do have a 77. the 270 is a very very capable round.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
The Ruger M77 Hawkeye in the .270 caliber is a great choice.
Good Luck!

ronn, the hawkeye description says, "Classically styled, bolt-action rifle with barrel and receiver in Hawkeye Matte Blued finish"
So I'm guessing it's just a name given due to the matte blue finish other than that I see no difference at all.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The updated M77 is now called the hawkeye

Ruger upgraded the wood (quality and reshaped it) and went to the new hawkeye trigger which is a huge improvement. You have the same barrel, same built in scope bases. Most importantly they didn't raise the price, just a better rifle for your dollar.

Karl

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Hawkeye is actually the same as the Ruger Mark2 with the exception of a slimmer stock,nicer checkering and a LC-6 trigger, which is not alot better than the Mark2 trigger. Both triggers are not adjustable. Same gun, different trigger and name.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts