Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going to take one of my buddies kids hunting in the morning but we may just end up staying at the house.. My weather forecast for in the morning is 21 degrees but feels like 7. With wind at 22 mph. The cold dont really bother me. Its just the screaming wind. Wind is suppose to pick up till around 9 am. :no: I think I am out!!!:green:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the place I can carry other folks is probably already done rutting. I saw some rut activity about a week after Thanksgiving there. My other spot the bucks are just now starting to act a little crazy but we are still not having any luck. Between 3 of us we prob seen 4 deer total in about a week and a half. 6 pointer was the biggest and it is now in a freezer. The rest were all does.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
stjones1102 you're from Texas right? If you are check out deerchannel.com, it's a site done by Dr. James Kroll based right in Texas. They do the "deercam" thing with cameras right on the bucks antlers. It should be of some great assistance to you and other Texans and well, probably the majority of the South. Check it out and let us know you're thoughts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i had the same weather over newyears and the mornig hunts were terrible but i did get two does. one new years eve and one newyears day they both came out just after the sun went down and i just had enough light to see. i think i shot them at almost the exact same time just on two different day. i was sitting in the top of an international harvester. one of the the best spots on the place!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had the same weather over newyears and the mornig hunts were terrible but i did get two does. one new years eve and one newyears day they both came out just after the sun went down and i just had enough light to see. i think i shot them at almost the exact same time just on two different day. i was sitting in the top of an international harvester. one of the the best spots on the place!!
i hunted my sisters land (a good sized field) from the cab of my truck. i didnt know it when i bought it but i got a $7000 deer blind with leather seats! :pickle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.