Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not at my computer im on my phone. Trying to deal with your nonsense.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ron i'm back on my computer now, if you'd like to discuss the matter I'll listen to whatever you have to say.

G

·
a public reprimand for me yet tator can libel me? you bruce have a grudge against me. i didn't threaten him i sad "if".

what if i had said " being a teacher or from vt you probably molested a child. just joking" that wouldn't go over well at all. and i certainly wouldn't have said it. i took calling a thief as a threat as in the word libel.
li·bel

1. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
    2. The act of presenting such material to the public.
then you lock the thread, don't read my pm, don't take yourself out of the situation seeing you and i have a history. as long as you are a mod here and are allow to do the things you do and also allow others to get away with
li·bel
    1. A false publication, as in writing, print, signs, or pictures, that damages a person's reputation.
    2. The act of presenting such material to the public.
come on deny it? cause thats exactly what happened.

i will fall over dead before i apologize to some who calls me a thief.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ronn I closed the thread you and Tator were involved in. Tator appologized to you for saying what he said and knowing how you handle things I knew the best thing to do was just close the thread so it would Not become elevated.
I didn't have anything to do with this ordeal other than being the lucky Mod on the site as it transpired.
I told you, while Tators joke probably wasnt in the best taste it sure didnt warrant getting physically threatened by you.
I also told you upon your return we should leave the past in the past and continue a new beginning, So no Ron, I do not hold grudges and didnt have a problem at all with you returning to the DHC.

As far as I'm concerned I thinks it's best to just end this nonsense now and continue on hopefully learning from this.

And Ron FYi, tator did not "Libel" you, read the following before jumping to conclusions.

"There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth."

I believe Tators comment was nothing more than a poorly stated joke and caused no harm to you at all.

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ronn I did read your PM, I probably read it just after you sent it to me, the only reason I didnt reply was because I didnt have time after I read it and I didnt think it required a response.

G

·
Ronn I did read your PM, I probably read it just after you sent it to me, the only reason I didnt reply was because I didnt have time after I read it and I didnt think it required a response.
the receipt says unread because i requested a notice when it was read so someone isn't being truthful here

first of all, it is libel because 1)it was false, 2) it was reckless, the 3rd step remains to be seen. did it put in anyone's mind that ronn might be a thief? with 20000 hits theres a good chance it may have. so theres your 3 steps.

coming after me "because you know" shows you are holding a grudge. if you read the progression. after his apology, he copped an attitude.

and i didn't threaten him. i said "if you were in arms reach" is he? no, he isn't. did i say was going to mo? nope. did i say i would hunt him down? nope.

bruce you are reading what you want to read into things only because you and i don't see eye to eye on much when it comes to hunting.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
I certainly wish that the issue would just go away, put things into proper perspective and go on with what this site does best. We seem, at times, to get bogged down in discussions that get way out of hand. Ronn, like I said to you, I think Tator's joke was simply that and you didn't. If I was on your end of things maybe I'd look at it differently? I would not have taken your responce too lightly as it was a bit over the top also, even from my outside perspective. I think BB has been pretty fair throughout the discussion and that now it's time to close the matter in-order to prevent further action by all parties involved. Take this as a best case senerio, and lets just all agree to put the fire out and get back to hunting/fishing, guns ect ect. I'm getting tired of hitting the delete button tonight! :nerd:

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ronn, listen,,, man to man, before you post anymore, why dont you just go relax to the TV and allow the atmosphere to calm down.
Tomorrow will be a new day and I'm sure everyone will feel much better and nobody will be tempted to say things they really didn't want to say out of anger.

There's no need to continue to drag this out any further Ronn and trying to include me in it doesnt do you any good at all.
Just note that Tator understands what he said and appologized to you Immediately afterwards.

Can we just say Good night and leave it at that?

·
Administrator
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great. Have a good Night.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Ronn is gone per his request he sent me via private message. He wanted his articles pulled as well.

Team DHC articles are deleted and his personal forum account will be as well here shortly. I think all his post will appear as guest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.