Ingredients for Rabbit
- 1 rabbit
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 c. soft bread crumbs or cubes
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sage
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Wash dressed rabbit thoroughly under cool running water. Dry.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on inside.
- Fill with stuffing. Stuff lightly into meat, allowing room for expansion.
- Fasten opening securely and spread with fat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in uncovered pan in moderate oven (325 degrees) 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until tender. Serves 4 to 6.