Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hung up on the 35 Remington as a close-range brush gun. I hunt in areas where shots are 25-75 yards normally and I've killed deer with my 270 and my 7mm-08, but I think the 35 Remington would have better knock down power in close quarters. I'd like a small, lightweight bolt action in 35 Remington but I don'y think one exists in a bolt action. I have looked at the Marlin 336 lever action but I really don't wan't a lever action.

BTW, it's my first time posting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
As it is a short range cartridge, I don't know of a bolt action. Remington has made a couple models of pump guns in that caliber, and I have seen break action pistols and rifles in .35 Remington.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have the Contender with the rifle stock. Super nice shooting and light. 35's have very similar bullet drop to a muzzle loader with 250 grain bullet and 150 grain Pyrodex. I wish I could hunt with it in my areas here in Md..

·
Registered
852 Posts
Remington Full Stock Custom in 35 Rem

Remington still offers their Full Stock Custom model 7 in 35 Rem. They used to offer the KS custom model 7 in 35 Rem but they no longer list it online. It is possible that one may still be available at gunbroker.com. Either of these rifles will be costing over 1000.xx, I have seen the Full Stock in 7mm08 it was really nice.

Karl

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Nothing wrong with your thinking regarding the 35 rem, its still a great deer getting bullet. I know you said close range but scoped 150 yds wouldn't be a peoblem. I still like the old Remington model 141 in 35 rem. I had one in 30 rem and 35 sold them. Still have a couple of mint rem dog bone boxes of 30 cal ammo and some old 35 factory ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts